James Naughter, owner of A&A Gemological Laboratory, has consulted and appraised for numerous state and federal government agencies as well as financial institutions and law firms, both local and regional. The business offers private clients and trade customers, in the Greater Capital Area, a range of high quality jewelry appraisal services intended to both protect and educate the jewelry owner.Learn More About Us
You can rest assured that a jewelry appraisal report from A&A Gem Lab will be well-researched and documented, and will conform to the standards of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) as well as those of the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers.Learn More About Our Services
Expert Jewelry Appraisal
Whatever your reason for requiring a professional jewelry appraisal, A & A Gem Lab has the expertise, experience, equipment and resources to help you.
- Determining insurance replacement value.
- Providing expert witness & litigation support.
- Confirming the quality of a new purchase.
- Selling existing jewelry.
- Estate tax evaluation – probate proceedings.
- Division of property for dissolution of marriage.
- Damage reporting.
- Charitable contributions & gift-giving.
- Post-loss & casualty loss.
- Collateral purposes.
- Proof of ownership for foreign travel.
Are you curious about the cost, the time it takes, or reasons for having your jewelry appraised? Our FAQ pages will answer the most common questions we encounter on a daily basis.Read Our FAQ's